Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm Going to be Famous!!!!

So this LDS author Michele Bell asked her readers for help for some character sketches. She is writing the squeal to A Modest Proposal
and it's going to be about the main girl going on the bachelor type show and so she needed 25 new girl characters. So Sarah e-mailed her this.....

----------

Isabelle, or Izzie: 5 foot 6 inches, shoulder length dark brown hair that is straight and bangs that sweep to the side, blue eyes, long eyelashes, larger frame but trim and fit, works as a wedding photographer. Very quiet at first while getting a feel for new people, so perceived as snotty, but really a sweet girl who is loyal to those who trust her.

(this is me and i know it all isn't true but it's based on me)

Becca:  5 foot 8 inches, long blonde wavy hair that goes all the way down her back, vivid green eyes, extremely slender, tan, works as a swimming coach. Outgoing and funny, but is at times sensitive and insecure on the inside. Gets vocal and confrontational when offended.




---------------------------------  And she wrote back this....


Sarah,

This is exactly what I'm looking for.  I need characters of all
dispositions.  I want some really snarky, catty girls and some nice,
normal girls too.  I will definitely use your girls in my book.  They
are the first two!  Hurray!  I will also include you in the
acknowledgments.

Thank you so much!

Michele

--------------------------------------

WE ARE GOING TO BE FAMOUS!!!!!!! 

I am this much closer to my future career  I don't know what the next book will be called or when it will come out but i will keep you updated!!




5 comments:

Dan said...

Definitely true about the loud and confrontational part, although you never need an excuse.

Sarah forgot the whiny part, though. That would have given the character scope and realism. :P

Becca said...

I am offended but that would have been a really good trait cause it is a little true.

Dan said...

At least you admit it.

Aunt Me said...

I wish she would be a little more outgoing!!!

Lizzie & Ty said...

That's SO awesome!